Community Engaged Homeland Security and Emergency Management (Undergraduate Certificate)
(See also USF Undergraduate Catalog at: http://www.ugs.usf.edu/catalog/?catyr=1415&category=toc)
The certificate will provide a broad foundation of Homeland Security and Emergency Management for individuals interested in pursuit of a career in local, state or national government, military or in the global arena.
The Certificate consists of 15 credit hours
It is recommended that students follow the sequence of courses listed below.
Required Courses (15 credit hours)
- PHC 4188 Public Health Emergencies in Large Populations (3)
- PHC 4234 Public and Private Sector Continuity Planning for Emergencies (3)
- PHC 4241 Psychology of Fear and Mental Health Issues Related to Disasters (3)
- PHC 4375 Community Participation in Homeland Security/Disaster Preparedness (3)
- PHC 4376 Disaster by Design: Exercise Development for Homeland Security Professionals (3)
It is highly recommended that you meet with an advisor in the College of Public Health early to verify coursework for your Certificate
Application Process for Enrollment
Enroll as a non-degree seeking student. For information see our non-degree enrollment procedures at
You may apply and/or enroll any semester as a certificate-seeking student.
Undergraduate Academic Advisor
- Schedule your advising appointment at: http://usfweb3.usf.edu/appointments/StudentSignon.asp
- Office: CPH 1039; Email: UG-PublicHealthAdvising@health.usf.edu; Phone: 813-974-4633; FAX: 813-905-9802