Community Engaged Homeland Security and Emergency Management Undergraduate Minor
(See also USF Undergraduate Catalog at: http://www.ugs.usf.edu/catalog/?catyr=1415&category=toc)
This minor will provide a broad foundation of Homeland Security and Emergency Management for individuals interested in pursuit of a career in local, state or national government, military or in the global arena.
The Minor consists of 15 credit hours
It is recommended that students follow the sequence of courses listed below.
Required Courses (15 credit hours)
- PHC 4188 Public Health Emergencies in Large Populations (3)
- PHC 4234 Public and Private Sector Continuity Planning for Emergencies (3)
- PHC 4241 Psychology of Fear and Mental Health Issues Related to Disasters (3)
- PHC 4375 Community Participation in Homeland Security/Disaster Preparedness (3)
- PHC 4376 Disaster by Design: Exercise Development for Homeland Security Professionals (3)
(Each academic minor must conform):
- A minimum of 8 semester hours of credit used to satisfy the requirements of a minor must be from USF courses.
- A student desiring a minor must have a major in a different program option.
- USF coursework for a minor must have a GPA of at least 2.0.
- Only an undergraduate degree-seeking student at USF is eligible for a minor.
- A minor can be applied for and received only in conjunction with applying for and receiving a baccalaureate degree except for students who have already received a baccalaureate degree from USF who may earn certification of a minor by taking additional undergraduate coursework at the University and applying for the certification.
Make sure you have completed all 15 hours of required and elective courses
You will declare the Community Engaged Homeland Security and Emergency Management minor on your Bachelor’s Degree Application when you are preparing to graduate. (Check with your department and the Registrars Office on semesters deadlines for the application)
The minor will be displayed on your USF official transcript. You will not receive any tangible documentations or certificates from the College of Public Health for completion of the Community Engaged Homeland Security and Emergency Management minor.
For more information, contact the Undergraduate Academic Advisor :
- Schedule your advising appointment at: http://usfweb3.usf.edu/appointments/StudentSignon.asp
- Office: CPH 1039; Email: UG-PublicHealthAdvising@health.usf.edu; Phone: 813-974-4633; FAX: 813-905-9802