- Preparing the deposit to be picked up by the Armored Service.
- Preparing the deposit backup for the Finance and Accounting Department.
- Preparing the deposit backup for the Revenue Cycle Operations Personnel.
It is important not to use staples in any of these processes. This information is scanned into the system and staples will not feed through the machine. Make all attachments tightly fitted at both ends with tape. To bind bundles together, use either a paper clip or a binder clip.
Before beginning, close the Credit Card Machine for both credit and telecheck batches if it has not been closed for the previous business day. See the Closing Credit Card Machine Job Aid for instructions, if needed.
Deposit Preparation Procedure
- Run the BAR Supervisor Report
- While in PCIS, select BAR Reports from the Vertical Tool Bar.
- On the Hortizontal Tool Bar. select Front Desk Reports, and then select Supervisor Report from the drop down menu.
- Enter the BAR Batch number in the For Batch field.
- Hit the Enter key twice.
- Enter the appropriate Device.
- Click OK.
- Write the location for the report (ie, USF Medical ClinicMorsani 5th floor) on the top of the report.
- Match the Monies and TES Hash Totals
- Compare the Batch Control Ticket and the Supervisor Report.
- Compare the Credit Card Close Out SlipReceipts with the Supervisor Report.
- Count the cash in the envelope and compare with the Supervisor Report.
- If there are any checks being manually deposited, compare the total with the Supervisor Report.
Make sure the Procedure Hash Totals on the Batch Control Ticket match the Procedure Hash Totals on the TES Batch proof.
When combining multiple batches into one deposit, check each batch to match totals on Cash Drawer Report to receipts. When counting cash, match against individual batch Cash Drawer Report. Then combine cash and match to Supervisor Report.
- Send TES and BAR Batch Proofs with attachments in an interoffice envelope to the attention of: File room, MDC Box 62. They will be scanned into the system.
- Get a Bank Bag and rip off the top portion that contains the Deposit Number. Cut out the number and tape it to the bottom of the Supervisor Report. Tape the number in a vertical position with tape on both ends.
- Fill out the Daily Deposit Report with the appropriate attachments as indicated on the form.
- Fill out the Bank Deposit Slip.
- Make one copy of each of the following:
- White Bank Deposit Slip.
- Daily Deposit Report.
- Credit Card Machine Closing Report.
- Supervisor Report.
- Fill out the Bank Deposit Bag with the following information:
- Deposit Total.
- Fill in the From field with your department name.
- Fill in the To field with the Sun Trust name.
- Attach the cash and any checks being manually deposited to the White Deposit Slip. Place this in the Bank Deposit Bag and seal the top. The Bank Deposit Bag is now ready for the Armoured Service Pickup.
- Daily Deposit Report (report that was faxed emailed to Finance and Accounting, Attn: Joyce Bartlin). firstname.lastname@example.org
- The original Supervisor’s Report that has the Deposit Bag number taped to the bottom.
- Copy of the bank deposit slip (if not attached to the Daily Deposit Report).
- Copy of Terminal Totals Report from the credit card machine (if not attached to the Daily Deposit Report fax). If needed, tape report to a 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper.
- Copy of Transaction Details Report from credit card machine. Tape to 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper. If report is longer than sheet, cut to fit.
- Copy of Telecheck Close Report (only for those sites that use Telecheck).
- Cash Drawer Report followed by:
- Copies of all checks.
- Front Desk receipt copies for all transactions in the batch.
- Credit Card Receipts should be taped to the Front Desk receipts for the patient whose payment was made by credit card.
- Front Desk receipts for all “like” transactions (i.e., cash, check, credit card, etc) should be kept together, and a calculator tape showing the total should be taped to the first Front Desk Receipt for each transaction group.
- If a patient site uses handwritten UMSA receipts, please substitute copies of all UMSA receipts for the Front Desk receipt copies.
If there are multiple batches for a deposit, repeat for each additional batch.
- Daily Deposit Report Form with the following slips attached by tape in the designated areas:
- Credit Card Terminal Totals Slip stating Terminal Close Successful and the Batch number.
- Copy of the Deposit Slip.
- Fill in the Deposit Date, Site, Total Collected, From, and the breakdown of monies collected.
- For each of the following reports, tape on separate pieces of 8 ½ x 11 sheets of paper:
- Credit Card Transaction Details Report.
- Telecheck Check Batch Totals Report.
If necessary, cut the slips in order to make them fit the sheet(s).
- Once this information has been properly attached, fax email the form and sheet(s) to to:
Contact phone number: 813-974-4432
Attention: Joyce Bartlin
USFPG Finance and Accounting Department
- Copy of the Supervisor Report showing the Deposit Bag number.
- Copy of the Finance and Accounting Daily Deposit Report Form and attached sheet (s).
Make sure to staple the Finance and Accounting fax confirmation to this form.
- Pink Deposit Slip.
- Originals of the Credit Card and Telecheck summaries (detail and totals).
- Cash Drawer Report (no receipts) from each batch.
- Staple all together and keep where specified by Supervisor.