Setting up Health Qualtrics account to use with Canvas
The Qualtrics-Instructure integration does not currently support SSO login, therefore before accessing your Health Qualtrics account in Canvas contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get have the Qualtrics Admin do the following:
- Enable API token on your qualtrics account
- Send you a password reset email.
Once this has been done login to Qualtrics to generate your API token
- Access access http://usfhealth.qualtrics.com
- Enter your USF Health username and password.
- Navigate to your Account Settings. See image below:
- Click Qualtrics IDs.
- Click Generate Token.
- Once this is done Navigate to your email to access the email from Qualtrics with the reset password link. Make note of the new password you have chosen, this will only be used when you access Qualtrics with Canvas.
Linking Your Qualtrics Account
- From the course navigation bar in Canvas, select Qualtrics.
- If this is your first time using the integration, you will be prompted to enter your Qualtrics username (healthusername#usfhealth) and password (the password created through the password reset email).
- Once you have linked your Qualtrics account, a contact list containing all students enrolled in your course will be created within your Qualtrics account. Updates to the course enrollment will be pushed to the Qualtrics contact list every 6 hours.
Removing the linked Qualtrics user
No more than one Qualtrics account can be linked to a course at a time. If you need to remove the linked user, navigate to Qualtrics from the course navigation bar and then select Remove User. Note that this will detach all surveys from their associated assignments.
Attaching Surveys to Assignments
Surveys attached to assignments can be taken by students within the Canvas environment and automatically graded. To attach a survey, do the following:
- Click the Add Assignment button within Canvas to create a new assignment.
- Add assignment details such as the name of the assignment and a description.
- Enter the number of points for this assignment. Note that this number must match the total number of points set up in Qualtrics Scoring.
- Choose a Grading Type. The following grade types are supported by the integration:
To configure a complete/incomplete survey assignment, do not apply scoring to the Qualtrics survey. Create a Canvas assignment with no points assigned and select the Complete/Incomplete option from the Display Grade As dropdown menu.
Points, Percentage, or Graded
To configure a scored survey assignment, apply scoring to the Qualtrics survey. Create a Canvas assignment with an equivalent amount of points as the Qualtrics survey scoring total and select the Points, Percentage, or Letter Grade option from the Display Grade As dropdown menu.
- Set the submission type to External Tool and click Find.
- From the list of external tools, click on Qualtrics LTI and then click Select to save your selection.
- Save and Publish your assignment.
- Choose a survey from your Qualtrics account to attach to the assignment.
Qtip: Only active surveys that you are the owner of can be attached to assignments.
Sending a Survey Not Attached to an Assignment
- Navigate to Qualtrics using the course navigation bar.
- Select a survey from the dropdown menu.
- Specify if you want to send the survey to your entire course or only certain individuals. Write a subject and message and then click Send to distribute your survey invites. These invites will be delivered to students' Canvas inboxes, as well as the students' email addresses.
Qtip: Check the "Send messages individually" option to send individual emails. This will prevent students from seeing who else was invited to the survey.