Concentration: Behavioral Health (Code: PBH)
The MSPH prepares students for careers oriented toward needs assessment, research and evaluation in community and family health. Graduates are prepared for employment in academic, clinical and other research areas. Each area of specialization and corresponding program of study is developed on an individual basis, guided by the student's interests and areas of expertise in the department. A supervisory committee of three faculty members assists the student in planning appropriate coursework and directing the thesis. This program of study may be especially relevant to students whose future plans include a doctoral degree.
Program of Study
You should complete your program of study electronically using Archivum at https://usf.appiancloud.com/.
Information on how to use Archivum is available on the Archivum Student Resources page. You may use the program of study links below as a reference. Note: You may choose a program of study that corresponds to the academic year of your admission or any year thereafter. Please see the guidelines below.
|Program of Study PDF by Year|
The USF Tampa Graduate Catalog, including college and program requirements, and program and course descriptions, is available on the web at http://www.grad.usf.edu. Each Catalog is published and in effect for the academic term(s) noted on the title page.
Student’s Program Degree Requirements
In order to graduate, students must meet all requirements specified in the USF Catalog of their choice, except as noted below. As the University is dynamic, changes and updates to the catalog are anticipated. In contract to program requirements, which are tied to a specific catalog, all students must comply with University policies and procedures that come into effect each catalog year.
- Students cannot choose a USF Catalog published prior to admission (or readmission) or during an academic year in which they did not complete at least two terms. If a student is dropped from the system and must be reinstated, the student’s choice of Catalog is limited to the USF Catalog in effect at the time of readmission or any one Catalog published during their continuous re-enrollment.
- If state law or certification requirements change, the student must comply with the most current standard or criteria.
- If the College or Department makes fundamental changes to the program that necessitates changes in the degree requirements of enrolled students, the needs of those students will be explicitly addressed in the proposal for change and scrutinized by the Office of Graduate Studies.
- USF policies and procedures not related to degree requirements such as academic grievance procedures, student conduct code and other procedural processes and definitions may be updated each year and the student will be held to the most current catalog and procedures available.
- USF does not commit itself to offer all the courses, programs, and majors listed in this Catalog. If the student cannot meet all of the graduation requirements specified in the Catalog of choice as a result of decisions and changes made by the University, appropriate substitutions will be determined by the program to ensure that the student is not penalized.
2011 - 2016 Competencies
- Track the Fulfillment of Your Competencies: Your COPH Competencies Database Record
- MSPH Competencies
- Behavioral Health Competencies
Current Competencies (beginning fall 2017)
Please send feedback on the MSPH Guidebook