Concentration: Behavioral Health (Code: BHH)
The Behavioral Health concentration is offered jointly with the college of Behavioral and Community Sciences, with a focus on behavioral health (mental health and substance abuse) services. This concentration examines community and family issues in evaluation of systems performance and outcomes of public mental health and substance abuse services as well as children's mental health, aging and mental health, HIV and mental health services, and the planning, evaluation and accountability of mental health and substance abuse services. Graduates are prepared to work in mental health, alcohol and drug abuse organizations.
Program of Study
You should complete your program of study electronically using Archivum at https://usf.appiancloud.com/.
Information on how to use Archivum is available on the Archivum Student Resources page. You may use the program of study links below as a reference. Note: You may choose a program of study that corresponds to the academic year of your admission or any year thereafter. Please see the guidelines below.
Program of Study PDF by Year
The USF Tampa Graduate Catalog, including college and program requirements, and program and course descriptions, is available on the web at http://www.grad.usf.edu. Each Catalog is published and in effect for the academic term(s) noted on the title page.
Student’s Program Degree Requirements
In order to graduate, students must meet all requirements specified in the USF Catalog of their choice, except as noted below. As the University is dynamic, changes and updates to the catalog are anticipated. In contract to program requirements, which are tied to a specific catalog, all students must comply with University policies and procedures that come into effect each catalog year.
- Students cannot choose a USF Catalog published prior to admission (or readmission) or during an academic year in which they did not complete at least two terms. If a student is dropped from the system and must be reinstated, the student’s choice of Catalog is limited to the USF Catalog in effect at the time of readmission or any one Catalog published during their continuous re-enrollment.
- If state law or certification requirements change, the student must comply with the most current standard or criteria.
- If the College or Department makes fundamental changes to the program that necessitates changes in the degree requirements of enrolled students, the needs of those students will be explicitly addressed in the proposal for change and scrutinized by the Office of Graduate Studies.
- USF policies and procedures not related to degree requirements such as academic grievance procedures, student conduct code and other procedural processes and definitions may be updated each year and the student will be held to the most current catalog and procedures available.
- USF does not commit itself to offer all the courses, programs, and majors listed in this Catalog. If the student cannot meet all of the graduation requirements specified in the Catalog of choice as a result of decisions and changes made by the University, appropriate substitutions will be determined by the program to ensure that the student is not penalized.
- Track the Fulfillment of Your Competencies: Your COPH Competencies Database Record
- MPH Competencies
- Behavioral Health Competencies
Current Competencies (beginning fall 2017)
Please send feedback on the MPH Guidebook.