Navigating your MHA experience can be challenging at times. This guide walks you through the basic steps from your first semester to graduation. We hope you take time to experience the academic events and life offered at the College of Public Health and the University of South Florida.
Admission information can be found on our Graduate Admissions page.
Steps to Success
- Health email account
- Getting Started
- course information and where to find
- Know deadlines and where to find Program of Study, forms, and frequently asked questions
- Keep your degree on track and in good standing:
- Student Organizations
Use your COPH Competencies Database record to update your competencies each term–the competencies are due at graduation
Plan your field experience during your third semester with your advisor
- Prepare for the Certified in Public Health (CPH) credentialing exam/Comprehensive Exam (Optional)
- Meet with your advisor the term before you graduate and review your status
- Early during the semester you plan to graduate you should register for graduation
- Participate in the COPH graduation celebration, the USF Health graduation ceremony, and join our USF and COPH alumni communities
We in Graduate Studies are here to help. You can reach us at (813) 974-6505 or call toll-free (888) USF-COPH or (888) 873-2674 and press 1. Via email contact firstname.lastname@example.org or view our staff directory to contact someone directly. We are located in the WELL (MDA) across the street (Holly) from the College of Public Health. You can also reach out to your department or academic advisor.
Users may print any single page of the document using the "Tools" menu in the upper right corner and exporting the page to a PDF copy. Users may print sections of this document by using the "Browse" menu in the upper left corner of the menu bar and selecting the "Space Operations" option. There they may select the "PDF Export" option and the customize the PDF to include any sections they wish.
This version of the MHA Guidebook is the official version of the USF College of Public Health Guidebook for the MHA degree effective for the current catalog. This is a subset of and supplement to the USF Graduate Catalog. If there are conflicts between the two documents the USF Graduate Catalog prevails. The College of Public Health reserves the right to change its rules, courses, and requirements from time to time and to make all such changes applicable to all students, whether new or continuing, when in its sole judgment such changes are deemed necessary. .
- MHA Health Email Account
- MHA Getting Started
- MHA Deadlines, Forms and FAQs
- MHA Program of Study
- MHA Courses and Syllabi
- MHA Registration
- MHA Contract Courses
- MHA Field Experience
- MHA Special Project
- MHA Graduation
- MHA Policies and Procedures
Please send feedback on the MHA Guidebook